Saturday, January 12, 2008

a little bit of nostalgia...

I've been staying at my parents house since xmas. They have lived in the same house I grew up in, and there are a lot of memories here.

Today I was working diligently on my thesis when I started smelling the delicious aroma of my mother's fantatic homemade meat sauce. She starts making it early in the afternoon, and the house smells like delicious all evening long.

As a child, I would follow my nose to the kitchen and start pestering my mom to give me a snack. She'd stick a meatball on a fork and give it to me to get me out of the kitchen and out of her way. I ran downstaris a half hour ago, unable to resist the smell... guess what I'm snacking on right now? A meatball-on-a-fork.

1 comment:

aandjblog said...

awesome. meat ball on a fork sounds yummy!

I'm attempting to cook rice pudding. Wish me luck :P