Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008; reflections and resolutions

Reflection:
In the past year, I've learned a lot about what happens when you adhere too stodgily to commitments and arrangements that aren't necessarily in my best interest.
Resolution:
Learn to comunicate effectively and honestly with myself, especially with regard to things that make me happy, sad or angry.

Reflection:
Thesis work/depression has cost me much in the way of activity, both physical and social. Both these things have a way of perpetuating themselves... eg- the less you go the the gym, the less you feel like going.
Resolution:
Force myself to get out there. Go to the gym even if I'm lazy, go to the party even if I feel introverted/uninteresting.

Reflection:
The way you project yourself and the way others see you are one and the same; Kurt Vonnegut wrote "be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be."
Resolution: Practice transparency. If I don't think people like/respect me, it's probably because I'm not showing them a likeable and respectable person, which I know I am inside.

Less abstract/more concrete resolutions;
- exnay on the okingsmay
- ensure that I laugh every single day
- ensure that I do something creative every single day
- dance on a regular (perhaps weekly) basis
- stretch when I'm feeling overwhelmed/sad/stressed out
- investigate careers
- reach out to old friends I've lost touch with
- take walks for no reason
- do not repeat 2007

1 comment:

aandjblog said...

i love your resoluations.

I feel the same way as you sometimes about feeling introverted and not wanting to go to a party. We should still go, who knows maybe we'll meet someone really interesting.