Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun/busy week/weekend of inspiration/fun

1) Bought some fabric scraps (fat quarters) for wallet interiors at the Inspirations needlecraft show. Also a foiling kit that can apparently be used on leather, which is exciting, because when I make my wallets, the applique is the most time-consuming part. Well, not really, but it does take a while.

2) Bought some custom garment labels from 'Jennifers Jewels' on etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=82743). They'll look something like this:

Jennifer was awesome; very quick to reply, very eager to answer questions, very reasonably prices. I was happy to do business with her, and I strongly recommend her to others! I bought 30 labels for $10 plus $1 shipping! Perfect for little old me just starting out. I can't wait for them to get here so I can sew 'em in!

3) I worked on my thesis a whole bunch today... I think chapter 2 is almost done. I have a meeting with my supervisor wednesday, and I'd like to print it out and give it to him, just to see if I'm on the right track. I think the uncertainty is what stagnates thesis-writing... always wondering if I'm doing this right?

4) I saw Children of the Corn today and it was terrible. I mean, bad. My combined love of all horror films and short stories by Stephen King oculd not save my disgust with this one. Bad.

No comments: