Sunday, April 20, 2008

%@^#!

DISCLAIMER: I'm very sick and couldn't get rid of my shifts today and tomorrow; CRANKY.

Hear ye. "Stationary" is not the same as "note cards". One is lined paper for letter-writing. The other is folded cardboard. Where on earth can I find some frigging STATIONARY?!

(Before any Ottawans suggest that I try The Papery, Paper Papier, or any of the art stores on Bank St - I have. Not only have I tried there without success, but I got some of the worst service EVER. Walking into the Papery and Papier Paper alike, I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman; as though this girl with headphones and a nosering or whatever has NO BUSINESS buying paper. Is my appearance really so offensive? Am I supposed to dress up nice to look fruitlessly for decent stationary? Why didn't they have decent stationary?!?)

Even Etsy.com let me down. Searches for stationary yields notecards. Note to some entrepreneur; there is a market for lined paper. Make it happen!

3 comments:

4th Dwarf said...

You might try searching on "stationery".

Hecky said...

If it's nice blank paper you're looking for, to use for private stationary, you might try a big print centre or one of those places that make business cards. They will sell you reams of premium paper you can use yourself. I think your options are limited if you're looking for pre-printed/-bordered paper. And yes, your appearance is very offensive, but that doesn't mean you should apologize for it or be treated differently from all the other people whose appearance offends.

Necromandrea said...

AM I MISSPELLING "STATIONARY"??! Or are you suggesting that I search a misspell? How embarassing.

I wound up caving and buying terrible unlined paper from a real asshole at Papier Paper.