Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well, that's disappointing

So, having discovered that I have a somewhat loyal following of readers, what do I do? I go dark for days. Is anything more annoying than visiting someone's blog and seeing the same Horrorpops photo every single time? Believe me, it annoys me just as much.

When my thesis defense date finally approached I was hesitant at the idea of a full-time office job at the government, which is where I understand most sociology grads to go. I worried that a regimented 9 - 5 job in front of a computer would kill my creativity; that I'd come home from work exhausted and fall asleep in front of the TV every night. I asked around and found that to the contrary, friends of mine who worked office jobs were pretty content with their work environments and hours. That the consistent hours enabled them to make use of their free time more meaningfully. That they can call in sick, leave early or get away for the weekend as circumstances require. This is far from the case with retail/shift work.

All this to say that I've been working full-time for the first time in my life, and I'm finding little time for anything else. I haven't been to the gym. I haven't been making stuff for undeadclothingco. I haven't been updating my blog. I haven't been in good health due to lack of meaningful rest (and my perpetually shitty diet). Chores are piling up.

I didn't intend to update my blog by bemoaning my daily drudgery. Unfortunately, it's all I really have to report as of late. I'm not miserable or anything, I'm just falling behind on life and need to allocate my time better. That's it.

1 comment:

aandjblog said...

Hey, it will take some time adjusting, but you'll get through it. It sounds pretty normal what you are going through. Just take a deep breath, get a really cool agenda and organize your life. :)