Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So big-shot, you're done your masters. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW??

This question sucks, and I'm tired of hearing it. Please don't ask me this. From now on, if anyone asks, I'm referring them to this blog entry.

Answer 1) - I'm staying at Top. It's retail and I've been there for 6 years, but it's a damn good work environment with good pay and many fringe benefits. I'd make more money at a cushy government job, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. Why? Read on

Answer 2) - I'm looking to move. I've lived in Ottawa all my life, and whenever I felt the need to leave I couldn't because I was in school. Now school is done and I can go wherever I want. Start fresh. Very appealing

Answer 3) - well, not really another answer, but also noteworthy: undeadclothingco is doing well. My confidence was down due to low productivity (thanks again, thesis) and lack of etsy action, but the September Basement Artists show both cleaned out my stock and bolstered my ambition. My roommate reminds me that I am my own worst critic, and that I'd churn out far more stock if I wasn't such a perfectionist. Seeing someone's eyes light up when they see an object on my table really does make it all worthwhile.

So what am I going to do now? I'm going to work; at Top and on undeadclothingco. I'd like to get more hands-on about my website and reorganize my finances. I'm going to continue enjoying roller derby and make time for "Crafty Itch", a craft night a friend of mine is organizing. I'm going to keep an eye on Toronto for good jobs and housing opportunities; I already know of a few people who might be willing to live with a crafty lady and her fat cat.

I'm also thinking about segregating an undeadclothingco blog from my personal one. I'd like feedback on this question; I'm torn because I feel like the personal stuff (ie- school, roller derby, rants, etc) add some humanity to undeadclothingco. Then again, if undead had it's own blog I might be more inclined to update with undeadclothing-related news (ie- 4 new wallets, new handbag design, upcoming shows, etc)

Hopefully, this is the last blog entry tagged with the word "thesis".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the blogs together. You're right about it adding backstory to the clothing. Whatever you do, don't get that government job. Government jobs are certain death, but not in a good way